Sunday, November 28, 2010

Got Swype Working On N8! No Portrait Keyboard Though

So I finally got Swype on the Nokia N8, however, just as I was afraid, there is no portrait keyboard! That is classical Nokia, release something that works half-way well. But don’t get me wrong, Swype might come with portrait mode in the future, but we can’t tell for sure. The Swype I got is official, I downloaded it from the Ovi Store by tricking it to believe I was using a C7 – because Swype is available right now officially for the C7. 

So those who say I am criticizing something before it is available, just think of it like this: if you had a C7 and had “legitimately” downloaded Swype, you would get landscape mode only, yeah, frustrating. And who Swypes in landscape mode? It is the most inconvenient thing to do since you have to slide your thumb on a very wide surface, is just bad design and ergonomics.

View the Original article